Friday, July 15, 2011

~ Maribelle ~



















Hello everyone, hope you are having a great week. I am excited to show you Maribelle!  I have actually used the name once before, during my first year of sculpting, but it was used for a dollhouse set of sisters, and not a fairy, I think it fits her perfectly!She is a 6 inch doll. I created her eyes differently than I usually do. These were made using a base of translucent cernit, then hand painted with acrylics, and clear fimo gel. After baking, they are glossed with clear varnish. I like these eyes very much, what do you think? I must admit, I still have not mastered the art of applying real lashes to my dolls..I hope it will evenutally come. I'm not sure if you can see them in the photos, but Maribelle wears transparent tights, that are fairy dusted.  I am still working on her wings, and hope to list her on ebay soon! xoxox Christel

added note, I actually finished her wings tonight, so I popped back in to add a photo (top) with wings!

No comments: