Tuesday, October 13, 2015

New Series Dark Fairies Gothic Fantasy

Hello friends. I hope everyone is doing great. I am working hard at a new endeavor. A collector of mine made a proposal a couple of weeks ago, and although I was never a big fan of gothic style, nor dark monochromatic, I agreed to try her suggestion. She proposed that I create a doll to her specs,..a commission if you will, for an agreed amount of money, but not for her, for an ebay auction. I was intrigued, and this is the result! After creating the first dark fairy you see, she asked that I not place it on ebay, but send it to her because she loved it so very much! so... I created a second, and will create more. I thoroughly enjoyed creating something out of my comfort zone. Here are Aurora, and #2, Maline The first, and second in the Gothic Dark Fairy series. # 2 is listed now on my ebay. xoxo Christel P.S.  
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

Ilona said...

WOWWOWWOW, Christel, they look awesome, stunning work :D! I fully understand why she kept the first dark fairy for herself, because she is absolutely a dark beauty (and all of your work is, but you know what I mean ;O)!! Yes, I think it's good to get out of your comfort zone for now and than, an other challenge can do you good....at least that is for me ;)! It's good to see a new blog post of you and beautiful new work, so thanks for sharing these pictures of so much beauty, made of your talented hands, dear friend :D!
I still haven't found some time to make dolls, because of the miniature fair at the end of October. I'm so very busy with creating of new flowers, but it's much fun too :)! I'm sure that I'll try to make a new doll after this 'madness' has gone and of course, after a good rest ;O!
I hope you and your family are doing well??
Warm hugs, Ilona XX

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Christel,

I am with Ilona.. WOWWOWWOW! I think your ~going outside your comfort zone~ really paid off!
Although I must say that I have never seen you attempt anything with your talented hands, and not succeed... Bravo dear friend... And yes, I too, see why she kept the first one.. They are wonderful, Christel... So very detailed and love the clothing.
blessings,
Penny

The Old Maid said...

Good you decide to make them! They are fantastic! Fingers crossed they all sell well!
Hugs

Christel said...

Dear Ilona, what wonderful comments, thank you so very much! I wish you the best of luck at your miniature show. Your works are so perfect, I'm sure you will sell everything you create! xoxo Christel

Christel said...

Dear Penny, I have missed talking with you! You are always the kindest, and sweetest friend! Whenever I see you have visited, it makes me smile! This is why everything you create tugs at our hearts! xoxoxo Christel

Christel said...

Dear Ewa, you, just like Ilona, create the most spectacular miniatures, always so perfect. It is a treat to see your tiny creations, I look forward to new posts from you. xoxo Christel