Monday, July 2, 2012

New style of fairy









hello friends! I really hope you can all see me..It has been a month of trial and error..mostly error where blogging is concerned..Last night I posted this, and it went to my other blog..well, it's not MY blog, but I am lucky enough to be a small part of Nowhere..a great little fairytale blog world! This week, I have listed these three unique fairies..not so unique you might say...but..the clothing on all three of these dolls was created (except for sculpted shoes) from Viva* paper towels! I dyed, cut, glues, sewed, and trimmed these paper towels, and turned them into cute little dresses! Amazingly, they are quite durable, and feel like cotton dresses! The paints I used to dye the paper helped make it stronger, and stiffer..hope you like these three fairy sisters..the Belles! Tahlulla, Tilly, and little Joonie!








7 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

TA DAAAA! Here you are!!!
Ok... Your new post was showing earlier but when I clicked on the POST NAME it took me to nowhere.. NOW, I just clicked on A FAR PLACE and it brought me here...

Oh Christel,
You a a GENIUS! What a great use of paper towels!! Your little ones are so adorable and I LOVE their dresses. I really looks like cotton material here... BRAVO!
Thank you so much for your very kind words about Darby and taking time to visit.. I know you must be stressed about this trouble with blogger... eeek! I will find you no matter how I have to get here.
Love and blessings dear friend
Penny

Unknown said...

Hi Christel,

I have your blog on my blog list, and it doesn't update but at least I can check in and see. I hope it gets fixed real soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful comments.

I love your 3 little faeries...you are so talented and your sweet little ones are so unique.

Here's hoping that your blogging problems are all solved...

XOXO
Dessa Rae

maddyrose said...

Christel, I was very surprised to find this post because according to my blog list it says your last post was three months ago. I love the three little fairies and using Viva paper toweling to make their clothing is brilliant! I've got to give that a try. If I had to pick a favorite the last little one really puts a smile on my face. I'm going to have to check back and see what else I've missed. Have a lovely 4th of July. xoxo

Kai said...

I am adding my applause and smiles, plus LOADS of oooohs & aaahhhs re: the use of VIVA PAPER TOWELS!!! What little beauties these three are. But am I surprised? Nooooo waaaaay! Every cutie you MAKE amazes & delights. These three darlings are especially captivating to ME because of their HAIR! How I DO love those wonderfully wild braids! Love YOU, too!

Woolytales Miniatures said...

Oh my Chris.... i love these new fairies.... they are adorable and have a more sofisticated look! Hardly believe is dressed from paper towels... how clever you are! i will be back!grin

Sparky said...

oh my what gems....here is to a working blog now....sorry you had some troubles...

Ascension said...

Christel, para poder ver tus trabajos tengo que venir,,,pero no me suben las actualicaciones de tu blog.
Me encantan tus nuevas hadas, son preciosas.
besitos ascension